I have recently deployed Exchange 2016 CU4 in cloud platform and built in DAG. While I was trying to add database copies I have got below error message. Surprisingly there are not much information about this error on internet. After analyzing I understood that the possibilities are with SID value of OS or something related to networking.
The seeding operation failed. Error: An error occurred while performing the seed operation. Error: An error occurred while communicating with server ‘Server Name’. Error: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception. [Database: DataBase Name, Server: servername.domain.local]
- No network related issue
- SID value for mounted OS set properly
- If built on cloud ensure there are only one VPC for the network.
- Login to ECP
- Locate Servers, Database Availability Groups
- Going back to our Exchange 2010 case, disable replicatedagnetwork01 NIC which is enabled for IPv6.
- No restart required, just try to add mailbox database copies again.
Refer to screenshot below: