In this post, I would like to provide a walkthrough of app deployments using the Microsoft 365 admin portal. In Microsoft 365, third party apps can be purchased, managed, and deployed using the Integrated apps settings in admin centre. Instead of using the AppSource catalog, we can now make use of this Integrated Apps section in M365 admin centre for products like Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Word and more.
We will now see the steps involved in deploying these apps,
- Login to Microsoft 365 Admin portal -> Settings -> Integrated Apps
- Click on “Get apps” and select the app which you would like to deploy. Here, I would like to deploy “Emojis” in outlook
- Below screen would appear to provide the details once you click on “Get it now”
- Deployment options page appears like below. You can select the assignment of users based on the organization needs and click on Next
- This page needs to be reviewed carefully as the app requires permissions. Click on Next
- Review and Finish deployment
- Once done, you can check the status and can be modified anytime
We have now seen the app deployment using the Microsoft 365 admin centre. I would suggest to review the pre-requisites like licenses, office versions etc here before the deployment. You also have option to upload custom apps.
Happy learning!! 🙂